Monday, December 5, 2011

Emily!

Emily is a girl that I have been meeting with for the past 2 years. She has been such a wonderful blessing in my life and has helped me grow in so many ways. Many people say that when you disciple someone, you end up changing/learning more than you teach them. Well I think this is probably the case.


Today was our last official meeting and so I have been thinking back about the last few years this morning. Seeing where Emily has come from is amazing. She is no where close to where she was a few years ago. The Lord has used her in GREAT ways. She is now a member of a sorority and living every day to expand God's Kingdom. It is amazing. I am so proud of her!


I will definitely miss her but I know that she will continue to grow and impact others' lives. Can't wait to see where she goes!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Love this. Love you two. Love what God does through you. And yes, YOU have taught me way more than I have taught you- that is definitely how it seems to work :) Love you girl!

Rachel Farley said...

You are such a sweet woman of God Amy. I love you and am so glad that I get to call you my sister. Emily is one lucky girl to have you pour into her life.

This is such a sweet post. Oh, how I love seeing how Jesus transforms people. What a God we serve! Sigh.. we are so blessed!

Love you!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Good one! I love that God used you, and that He changed you at the same time. :)