Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Baby Quilt for Farley Girl

Hello- I'M BACK...

It has been almost 2 years since my last post but I've decided to use my blog again but only for my crafts.  I like having a place to 'record' them in case I ever want to revisit them again.

I'm in the process of making all the bedding for little girl Farley due in April.  (Not ours... Matt's brother's)  Here's the quilt and all the dimensions in case you'd ever want to make one.  It's VERY easy.  I stole the pattern from an etsy quilt and figured out all the dimensions for it.

Get all your supplies and cut strips accordingly

Sew strips together with 5/8" seams and them place on top of batting and backing.  Cut the batting to fit the top layer in size but leave 1 1/2" of backing on each edge to use as bias tape (finishing the edges)

Pin all 3 layers together with LOTS of pins

Sew layers together. I sewed a 1/2 inch below each "Strip Seam".

Backing after layers are sewn together

Make sure you get some help from your nephew since you are making his sister's blanket.  

COMPLETED QUILT!
I folded over the backing and used that in stead of bias tape for the edges.
Time estimate: 6 hours

1 comment:

Chris Farley said...

NICE!!!!! You're so talented :)