Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Student or Teacher?

So I will be beginning my student teaching on January 9th. I am very excited about it and have already been talking with my cooperating teachers.

I will spend my first 8 weeks at Coolidge Elementary in Cedar Rapids. I have talked on the phone with this teacher and I am VERY excited to spend these weeks with her. I will have 18 classes a week and have grades K-6. One of my college professors is also very good friends with her and cannot stop saying wonderful things about her. I will get to meet her in about a week.

My second 8 weeks will be at Jefferson High School in Cedar Rapids. My cooperating teacher goes to church with a few of my good friends from Cedar Rapids so I am very excited about that connection as well. Jefferson is a Big school in comparison to Roland Story so this will be a new and exciting change. They will be putting on Thoroughly Modern Millie for their musical this spring which I will help with. I am very excited about this since I was in this musical during my high school years.

I will keep the updates coming once everything begins. Can't wait for this chance to learn and teach at the same time!!!

2 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

This is great Amy! I am so happy that you have connections with the teachers already. Gosh, God is so good!

I can't wait to hear about how it goes. I have no doubt that you are going to be great and that the kids are going to love you.

Thanks for posting!
Love you.

Bailey Diane said...

Yay! Super exciting :) I'm excited to hear more about your experience! Mine has been FABULOUS and it sounds like yours will be too!