Monday, February 13, 2012

Quotes

So I am now officially an elementary school teacher (at least for the past 3 days and future week). I am in complete control of the whole day during student teaching. And I am really loving it. Here's a few quotes from the process

QUOTE 1:
M "Mrs. Farley, Mrs. Farley...." (continues excitingly screaming)
Me: "M... you need to sit down."
M: "No (in a very persistent tone) I need to introduce myself. (voice changes to a sweet caring sound) I'm M, and I'm very glad to meet you."

QUOTE 2:
T: (raising his hand and my cooperating teacher [CT] calls on him) "She's cute" (points to me)

QUOTE 3:
T: (he's a very naughty kid and after one class I got down to his level and gave him a little talk about how he needs to act in class) "Ok Mrs. Farley" (promptly turns to his friends) "She tried to kiss me."

QUOTE 4:
W: (Native American boy...comes up to me almost in tears) "TN called me an idiot." (I go over to TN)
Me: "TN did you call W an idiot?"
TN: "No I called him an Indian"
(Well good... because we shouldn't be calling people idiots but what were you doing calling him an Indian?)

QUOTE 5: (all in one recess time)
N: (runs up after recess) "C hit me in the face,"
Me: Ok...where is he?
N: I don't know
S: (girl who comes running up) "C is stuck in the snow"
Me: oh no... well let's go get him. (we go get him where his leg is stuck in a snow drift)
Me: (to C) "Did you hit N?"
C: Well yeah... but he hit me too! (OH BOY!!!)

MEANWHILE...
S: Mrs. Farley, H called me a stupid mean girl.
Me: Well let's go find her. (Not another one)
Me: (to H) "Did you call S a stupid mean girl?"
H: "She called me dumb."
(OH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FIGHTS!)

QUOTE 6: (this happens almost daily)
E: "Mrs. Farley...come watch what I can do with the jump rope."
Me: "Ok E."
E: (proceeds to simply jump rope, maybe throwing in a cross of the arms once in awhile...and jumps for about 3 minutes before she allows me to walk away.)

QUOTE 7:
Me: "Let's find the F word in the music room that coordinates with what we are talking about."
(maybe next time I should switch up the wording of that sentence)

QUOTE 8:
Me: (after talking about skips and steps and singing a song with the word skippity in it) "Ok here's the next example to figure out... this one's trickity."

QUOTE 9:
Me: (to a Kindergarten class) "What do your valentine's look like this year?"
K1: "My family went to a restaurant last night."
Me: "Oh that's very cool K1." (turning to K2) "What do yours look like?"
K2: "My dog and I like running in the park with my dad. Sometimes we walk down there and play."
Me: "How exciting." (turning to K3) "What do your valentines look like?"
K3: "I like to color pictures of horses and sometimes my brother colors with me."
(Good thing we are getting somewhere now.)

QUOTE 10:
Me: (singing a song about decorating a valentine...I asked them what they would use to decorate it. So far we have sung about paints, stickers, glitter, glue, paper...) "What else can we use?"
F: "PUPPIES!"


That should do for now... I'll try to be better at updating this as I go along with any other fun quotes. I have 3 weeks left here and then off to high school. I'm loving it here and my CT is AMAZING!!! So long for now!

1 comment:

Rachel Farley said...

Sounds like elementary kids to me :)

Sounds like the boys think you're pretty hot! Who wouldn't though :)

I am so proud of you, and it sounds like you are really good at your job. You are SO sweet! I am very happy for you, and again, you are awesome!

Love you!