Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Combined Studio Performance

So tonight I performed in a recital made up of around 14 vocal students studying here at UNI. It was so fun to get to actually hear everyone sing and get to share that experience with them. I sang "Ah! Je veux vivre" by Charles Gounod. I put a link on so that if you want to hear what it sounds like you can. It was so fun and all the work definitely paid off. It's definitely a fun song to sing. My parents were able to come up for this performance as well. Once again they blessed me and loved me in a BIG way. They are definitely the best parents anyone could ever ask for. Matt also got someone to cover a bit of his RA shift so he could come watch as well. Am I blessed by great people or what??? My roommate Terrin also took time out of her day to do my hair and it turned out better than I could have asked for! And, Bekah Hanish let me borrow one of her dresses to wear. Can I get any luckier??? So here's a few pictures from tonight which only happened because of everyone else and the Lord's provision! Thank you Lord for your provision of friends, family, teachers, collegues, time, talents, and so much more!


Getting Ready.... THE HAIR!!!

Getting Ready... THE MAKEUP

Getting Ready... THE BACK OF THE DRESS

Getting Ready... THE WHOLE DRESS

Now the only problem with the dress is that this recital required short dresses not long ones, so Creative had to come into play and this dress was shortened using masking tape and bobby pins. How sweet is that?!? (Thanks to Terrin once again and also Sam and Gail Kantak!

Me performing (sorry it's not very good quality)

My mama and daddy... Aren't they adorable??

Me and Matty!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you look beautiful! Matt said you sounded wonderful. You have so many gifts and you put them to use....I am so glad. I want to hear you sing too. Hopefully pretty soon. Yvonne

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! You did sounds wonderful and you have so many gits too!
(my mom got everything right) :)