Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reusable Makeup Removers

Reusable Makeup Removers
(inspired by LisaGrace Alsbury)
-----------------------------------------------------
Craft #3-- If you didn't see the other two crafts I've posted look below. There's one more to come as well...
-----------------------------------------------------
I go through around 1 tube of cotton rounds a month. They are about $2.00 a tube ($24.00 a year) and I just throw them away... not a way to save the planet!

So I saw this on another blog and decided to try it out! Nothing crazy and they aren't well made (because I made them so fast) but they will work.

Bought a 1/4 yard of FLANNEL.
Sewed right sides together into a long strip.

Turned it right side out.
Cut into small squares.

Did a quick seam down each side of the square and viola!

A completed square (don't judge me by the horrible side seams/cuts... I am a bit embarrassed by them)

I am simply putting them in a 'delicates' bag when I wash them. Hopefully these work.

Total cost: $0.68 for 30 pieces
Saved: $23.32 and a bit of the world :)

3 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

You go girl!!!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

GOOD ONE!

Unknown said...

Cool! I'm so glad you made these! I had some friends who had NO idea what these even were. : ) I love mine!