Saturday, October 15, 2011

Twine Letters

Twine Letters
(inspired by Pinterest)

This craft was a bit time consuming but ended up really cute! I am very excited about it.

I started by outlining the letter with twine.

Then I wrapped the letter completely, hot gluing the twine on the back as I went.
It was kind of hard determining which was the twine should go and how to get it there.

The finished wrapped up letter.

Next... felt roses. Here's a quick tutorial.


Cut a 'wiggly' circle like below.
(I had started the next step when I took this picture)

Cut around the edge going towards the center so it becomes one long 'snake'.
Leave the end as a little circle. (See below)

Start rolling up the fabric starting at the end you started cutting.
You can change the look of the flower depending on how tightly you roll it.
Hot glue the bottom of the flower to hold it all in place.
Take the circle piece at the end and glue it to the bottom to make a finished look.

I made 2 flowers for this. The size of the flowers depends on the size of the original circle.

Then I cut a strip of the fleece and glued it on the back. SIMPLE!

FINISHED PRODUCT:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love these felt roses-super cute!! i'll have to make some myself! : )