Saturday, July 25, 2009

Series of Little Posts #1


An Analogy that was given to me a couple of weeks ago...

After a long run one day, I went down to the beach, listened to my music, and just looked at the creation on the ocean. At this time, I had been really struggling with realizing that my childhood house would be moved out of when I got home and that we would be in a new house. This just felt like one of the comforts of my life was being stripped away and there were also other things going on that added to this feeling as well. As I was standing on the beach this analogy came to my mind and has truly been a blessing...


Standing in the Sand

As you stand barefoot on the beach, at first your footing is very solid, but as the waves come crashing up, the sand underneath you gets pulled out. This leaves you feeling very uncomfortable and many times one would take a step to gain solid ground again. The thing is that although it is uncomfortable for awhile, eventually the waves cover your feet with sand leaving you in a much more solid and 'guarded' place to stand.

This is like life. As we stand in life and the waves of God's love and discipline crash upon us, we might feel as though we are losing all of the security that we once had and want to try to stand in a new spot or move on to something else to try to get solid footing. The thing is, that if we just wait to the Lord to finish His work and stick out the uncomfortable times in life, we will end up being in a more solid and 'guarded' place by holding on to Christ.

At the beginning...

After the waves of life...

1 comment:

Yvonne Farley said...

Hi - I love this metaphor and it is so true. Awesome! Yvonne